Inspiration 9 for Windows / Mac
Inspiration 9 for Windows / Mac
For visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations, use Inspiration® 9, the ultimate thinking and learning tool. Brainstorm ideas, structure your thoughts and visually communicate concepts to strengthen understanding with the Diagram and Map Views. To take notes, organize information, and structure writing for plans, papers and reports, use the integrated Outline View to focus on main and supporting ideas and to clarify thinking in written form. With Inspiration's Presentation Manager, transform your diagrams, mind maps and outlines into polished presentations that communicate ideas clearly and demonstrate understanding and knowledge.
Visualize & Develop Ideas. Understand & Retain Concepts.
Create webs, idea maps, mind maps, concept maps, graphic organizers, process flows, and other diagrams for thinking, organizing and writing. Use these proven visual thinking and learning techniques to brainstorm or brainwrite ideas, explore and explain relationships, and integrate new knowledge with what you already know. Inspiration® encourages deeper, more critical thinking and that improves creativity, comprehension and retention.
- Brainstorm or brainwrite, capturing ideas quickly with RapidFire® tool.
- Represent information and trigger memory with symbols and images. Choose from Inspiration®’s Symbol libraries with 1+ million images, searchable by keyword, or import your own.
- Jumpstart the writing process by adding notes to symbols.
- Highlight key concepts and group information with different text and link colors and font styles.
In Diagram View:
- Add symbols and images in multiple ways. Point and click to place them, use the Create tool, or drag and drop from the Symbol palette. Choose the method that works best for you and your project.
- Show relationships between ideas with links.
- Explain the relationship between ideas with linking phrases – choose from a list of common phrases or write in your own.
- Organize ideas effortlessly using the Arrange tool or to create various tree charts and webs.
In Map View:
- Expand your central idea by adding new topic and subtopic branches.
- Rearrange and connect ideas easily by dragging branches into place.
- Use the Relationship tool to show connections among branches and topics.
- Branches and their sub-branches automatically maintain the same color to visually keep related thoughts together.
Plan & Organize Written Work
Organize ideas and think through projects and assignments more effectively using Inspiration’s Outline View. Structure your work for planning and writing. Learn how to brainstorm and create essay outlines to support the writing process. Gather and keep track of research information and develop a logical flow for written and oral communication. With Outline View, you can quickly develop main and supporting ideas and add detail helping you write to a purpose. Outlining, paired with the integrated visual views, lets you move seamlessly between visual and written expressions of your thinking to expand and refine ideas and produce quality work.
In Outline View:
You can transform diagrams and mind maps to outlines with one click and continue the writing process by adding topics, subtopics, and notes text - Diagram View and Map View update automatically. Inspiration allows you to organize ideas and information with power outlining tools. Rearrange topics simply by dragging - subtopics and notes move automatically - and change idea hierarchy, split or combine topics, transform lists to topics and subtopics, and demote and promote groups of subtopics to fine-tune your work. You can manage your outline structure and order by hiding or showing subtopics and notes, and keep your visual connections intact because you can see associated symbols and linking phrases from Diagram View in Outline View.
Improve Communication & Build Presentations
Improve communication and share what you’ve learned with Inspiration’s Presentation Manager. Use the content you’ve developed in Diagram, Map and Outline Views and expand your work into more thoughtful and compelling presentations and final projects. Inspiration provides all the tools to create organized, polished, formal presentations that convey ideas clearly and demonstrate your understanding and knowledge. Use the FREE Inspiration Presenter to show your presentation easily on any Macintosh® or Windows® computer. You can develop ideas from content and snapshot graphics automatically generated from your Diagram, Map and Outline Views, add, duplicate, reorder and delete slides and talking points to expand your presentation and communicate your message effectively, and use ready-made professional background themes to create visually appealing presentations.
It's easy to change background colors and font styles or add graphic backgrounds to your own custom theme styles, choose from different slide layouts to best communicate your key points and visual content, and communicate visually by adding graphics from your computer and the internet. Create your own snapshots from your diagram or mind map. Add impact to your talking points by including videos and sounds that play directly from your presentation and clarify your points of view and support your message by adding hyperlinks and speaker notes. Use slide transitions and reveal talking points individually to engage your audience, print your slides in various formats (with or without speaker notes) for handouts including 3x5 and 4x6 cards, and export easily to PDF or Microsoft® Power Point for even more flexibility in sharing your work.
FREE Inspiration® Presenter, available on the Inspiration® 9 Install CD and downloadable online:
- Play your presentation directly from Inspiration®9 (or from any Windows® or Macintosh® computer.
- Present using single screen or take advantage of speaker monitor support that shows speaker notes and other presenter information.
- Run your presentation automatically with the Auto-Play option.
Enhance & Improve Your Work
Build vocabulary and accurately express your intended message with the Word Guide, an integrated dictionary and thesaurus.
- Include videos and record and play sound in your diagrams, outlines and presentations to add multimedia impact.
- Add hyperlinks to web pages, files and other Inspiration® documents to gather research or organize larger team projects.
- Capture the most important details in literary and informational text using Inspiration as a note taking tool.
Share Your Work
Print your work from Diagram, Map and Outline Views and from the Presentation Manager.
- Transfer your work to a word processor to streamline and support project completion.
- Save documents as PDFs.
- Use the Site Skeleton® export to transform diagrams into HTML web sites.
- Export diagrams and mind maps as .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp or .wmf files to insert in other materials.
Use Inspiration to its Full Potential
Choose from over 100 graphic organizer templates to provide guidelines and help you start projects quickly. Use them across the curriculum, templates are available for English Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Thinking and Planning. Inspiration includes on-demand Training Videos show you how to use Inspiration®’s most commonly used tools, a built-in help system provides assistance when you have questions about how to use Inspiration® 9, and examples give you ideas on how Inspiration can be used across the curriculum.
For Windows or Mac. Inspiration 9 is supplied as an electronic software download (ESD).