The Dictionary Pen is a major technological breakthrough for anyone working or studying in a “second language”. The embedded camera and OCR technology enables lookup or translation of words without the need for a single “click”. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads the word.
The device hosts nine (9) OXFORD Academic and English Language Teaching (ELT) dictionaries supporting six different languages. It’s a totally portable, pocket-sized device that pronounces the looked up word with a natural speaking text to speech voice.
It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC, Mac or Linux computer, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
There is no software required to upload the text to Windows, MAC or Linux PC’s. Just connect the device to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive.
- Include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
- Look up/translate words in dictionary in six different languages
- Listen to single words being pronounced by natural speaking TTS
- Highlight/store text in internal memory (2+ GB storage/thousands of pages)
- Connect to Windows/MAC/Linux and upload text files (no software required)
- Scan directly to text cursor on a Windows/MAC/Linux computer (no software required)
- Record and play back voice memos